Time Flies!
Well, here I am again, over a year since I last posted and a lot has happened.
We moved three states away in September last year and are now in Atlanta, Missouri. Where we plan to stay. It is amazing by the way! Compared to Colorado it is super green and mild, and the community is much more tight-knit.
Every single day I am amazed by the beauty that surrounds me. I am so grateful to God for placing us here after working towards it for three years. I am so grateful that every day it exceeds my expectations in being full of life, beauty, and the feeling of being home. Montrose, Colorado always felt temporary, like I was meant to be elsewhere. But this place feels permanent. I miss some things, sometimes, but that is always momentary. Here I constantly look around in awe and know it was worth the wait.
There were times that I would become impatient or frustrated when the move wasn't happening. I would become extremely disappointed when properties fell through, or it felt like we were getting nowhere. Time and time again God is teaching me about his timing, and how perfect it is.
I turned eighteen over the summer and have started two new jobs. I work at the Tractor Supply in Macon and also work with my mom helping her manage the farm's social media marketing as well as putting together meat orders when I am home.
I had a boyfriend for about six months, but that ended up crashing and burning. It wasn't too terrible, as in I got through it okay. But all of the hopes and dreams for the future went down the drain. That was a few months ago now, and although I have recovered and that is in the past, I don't like to talk about it much. I journal a lot, and that has made a big difference.
I also got a cow a few months before we moved last year. Her name is Abagail and it has been so much fun to have milk and to be able to milk again! Her calf, Buggsy, is quite the character. He loves scratches and comes when called.
I also got a dog last summer. He is an Aussie named Koda. He is the sweetest, most behaved boy out there! He knows several commands and is super laidback, while at the same time is ready for any adventure that I might venture to take.
I am going to try to shoot for a post a week, sorry if I don't make it. I also know this format is very casual, and not at all what you would expect to find. But it's my life's story, and I want to tell it to whoever reads this the same way I would if I was talking to you face to face. This isn't for people who want to see a perfect, trendy, social media page. It is for those who want the nitty gritty, reality, my mistakes as well as my victories. This is for those who need to see someone real.
So, if you're reading this, there is a high chance it was written for you.
~Savannah Taylor
Comments
Post a Comment