I'm back!!
It has been almost a whole year since I last posted, and let me tell you, there is a lot to catch up on.
First, we have had a new addition to the Taylor family!!! No, it is not a baby; and no, no one got married. We got another horse. His name is Cole, and he is the biggest sweetheart ever (Seriously, he is ridiculously tall.). He is a beautiful flea-bitten grey who stands at 16.2 hh, and his withers are about six inches above my head. So, as you can imagine I have a heck of a time throwing a saddle up there, let alone getting on. I would use a mounting step, but we don't have one and Cole doesn't stand as still as is desired. We'll get him there, one day.
I also had to re-home Monty. It was sad, but due to certain circumstances, I could no longer keep him. He went to a good home though. A couple in Grand Junction, CO, adopted him and they love him!
This year was super busy. Then again, on the farm, things are always busy; but this year it was different. The farm was at a good maintenance level so we spent a lot of time and energy re-modeling our house. Yes, all eight of us were still living it full time during the process.
We did quite a bit, but the most astounding fact was that we finally replaced the kitchen floor. It was the original floor that was in the house and was just over fifty years old. We also replaced all of the windows, and the house stays much warmer.
I competed in NCFCA Speech and Debate again last year and my hard work paid off! My Persuasive speech took first place in the online region three qualifier tournament, with my Impromptu speeches and Informative taking third. I also competed at the S.P.U.R. Invitational tournament in Grand Junction, CO. There my Persuasive took second, and my Impromptu speeches and informative speech again took third.
I would have had the opportunity to compete at the national level, had I competed at the Regional Championship. But, to my dismay, I was unable to.
Last year, I also attended a high school formal dance with my friend and cousin, Rachel. We had a great time! It was the first formal dance that I had ever attended and I can't wait for the one that SJCHE is putting on this year!
I also got my driver's license last week! In fact, I just drove to and back from mine and Dechlin's early morning Seminary class this morning. It feels kind of weird driving without mom or dad in the truck, but I will get used to it. And now it is my job to drive over and water cows every day.
Well, I don't want to bore you guys, so I will wrap it up with some pictures from last year!
Comments
Post a Comment